I have not been very active on my blog since the past few months, partly because I had exams around the corner. This year has been one of the most fruitful and successful years for me so far. Here’s a recap of what I did this year:
1. Selected as one of the youngest delegate across India and USA for the prestigious Harvard US India Initiative conference, organized by the Harvard University at Mumbai. Interacting with the amazing delegates there really broadened my horizons and taught me a lot about life. Above all, it helped me get over my fear of talking to unknown people.
2. Won the first prize at the Inter School Speech Competition and the District Debate Championship.
3. Awarded a full scholarship to pursue a summer school at the University of Oxford. I took up public speaking as one of my majors and won the “Best Team” and “Most Charismatic Speaker” among fellow summer school attendees from 38 nations! Talking people from such a wide range of cultures and backgrounds helped me a lot in discovering my inner potentials and skills.
4. Selected as one of the youngest delegates for the Young India Challenge Conference organized at New Delhi and Mumbai. This event focuses on the theme “Do What You Love!”
And finally, the biggest of all achievements,
5. Selected to deliver a TEDx talk! The talk is going to be on my fight with stammer using the Brute Force approach.
When you believe in yourself, everything suddenly becomes so easy for you. When this year began, I didn’t have the faintest idea that it would bring out so many wonderful surprises for me. However, I just believed in myself and kept up my hopes and spirit! And that did wonders for me!